Advanced Technology and Techniques
The SERVPRO® Advantage to Advanced Technology and Techniques
SERVPRO® of Chesapeake South is a trusted leader in residential and commercial damage cleanup services. Did you know that we also specialize in the cleaning and restoration of electronics, textiles, and important documents and photos? Our equipment, with the help of our trained technicians helps to create a science to our cleaning services called Psychrometry. This science is made possible when our professional and commercial grade equipment, our air movers, air scrubbers, and dehumidifiers are used together to combat water, fire, and mold damage.
Trained & Certified Employees
Our technicians can perform their jobs effectively and professionally because of their continued training and dedication to the craft. Our technicians are trained to use our equipment which helps to ensure a successful, professional and efficient water or fire damage cleanup and restoration. We believe that it is necessary to keep up with technology and new techniques as these help us to quickly make your house feel like home again and get your business doors open.
IICRC (The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification)
Our company is an IICRC restoration business. “The mission of the IICRC is to establish and advance globally recognized standards and certifications for the inspection, cleaning, restoration and installation industries.”
Our SERVPRO® Techs become certified with the IICRC and are required to complete industry standard validation for every job, assurance to you, our customers that you are in good hands.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.