You Might Need A New Water Heater If
SERVPRO® of Chesapeake South receives an emergency call because a water heater has leaked and water is coming from the ceiling and all over the carpet, and the floor. Here are some signs that you might need a new water heater and ways to check if you do. These may require a "looksee" from time to time while others become obvious only after things have gone wrong.
- The water is not getting hot enough.
- The water is not getting hot at all. It could be that the pilot light is out, or the circuit breaker has been tripped, or worse the whole heating system is shot.
- The water is a rusty color or not clear running.
- The water has a strange metallic taste, which could mean that the inside of the tank is breaking down.
- The water heater is making loud popping and cracking noises that could mean the heating element is failing.
- There are signs of leakage around the water heater which indicates a major internal failure to the system. Make sure that the electricity or gas has been turned off to the system and that before replacing it, the unit has had a chance to cool completely.
We suggest that you should hire a professional to replace and install your water heater to be certain that the installation meets safety codes and is safe to use.
Water damage cleanup in Chesapeake? Call 757-523-9700.