Preventing Home Fires in Your Chesapeake Home
Fireplace and Woodstove Safety Tips:
- Inspect and clean woodstove pipes and fireplace chimneys annually. Make sure to check monthly for any damage or obstructions.
- Never burn trash, paper, or green wood. These can smolder and cause smoke to fill your home.
- Use a fireplace screen that is heavy enough to stop rolling logs and big enough to cover the entire opening of the fireplace to catch flying sparks.
- Make sure the fire is completely out before leaving the house or going to bed.
- Store cooled ashes in a tightly sealed metal container outside the home. After three days the ashes can be bagged and thrown away.
For Emergency Restoration Services, Call Us! 757-523-9700