Spring Clean Your Chesapeake Home!
Spring has arrived and the team here at SERVPRO of Chesapeake is excited for the warmer weather!
But before you open your windows and doors to let that fresh air in, here are some helpfull tips.
Spring Cleaning your home:
- Start from the top and work your way down. This means starting on the top floor of your home, and at the top of the tallest items in any room. As we clean, uncollected dust will fall and settle on anything below it. So save yourself from cleaning the coffee table twice!
- Reorganize your closet. Take out any items you wish to donate. When putting clothes back, turn the hangers so they face out. Anytime you use an item, place it back right side. Any items that are still on backwards hangers by the end of the year should be removed and donated.
- Change out the filters in your air vents, as well as in your vacuum. It is a good habit to change them at least monthly to keep the air clean and allergen free in your home.
- Wipe down your computer work station with a clean microfiber cloth. Use special anti-static wipes to clean your computer screen of stuck on gunk, as well as your key board. Used compressed air cans to knock out any dust or food particles stuck between the keys.
- Remove all pillows and mattress toppers from your bed. Wash in hot water in your washing machine. Call SERVPRO of Chesapeake to have your mattress professionally cleaned with our Hygienitech mattress and upholstery cleaning and sanitizing system. The system combines high frequency waves, strong suction, and a UV-C Germicidal lamp to destroy and remove dust mites, bacteria, viruses, fungal spores, etc.
- Give your home a fresh sent by getting rid of garbage odors. Take your trash can outside for a good hose-down, and leave upside down to dry. Sprinkle baking soda at the bottom before putting in a new trash bag.
Let SERVPRO of Chesapeake help with your spring cleaning process. We provide services such as the Hygienitech system, carpet cleaning, drapes and blinds cleaning, ceiling and hardwood floor cleaning, as well as deodorization and sanitizing. Call our local offices today at (757) 523-9700. Follow us on Pinterest for more Spring Cleaning tips at SERVPRO Chesapeake.