How to Prepare Your Home for Winter
Tips for Preparing Your Home for Winter Weather
- Keep your cabinet doors open during cold spells as this will allow warm air to circulate around the pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water running through your faucets, especially those that run through unheated or uninsulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off your outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn to “off.”
- If you do shut off your outdoor faucet, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure that your gutters are clean and in good shape, secured. Leaves and such can clog and cause a damming effect which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace, HVAC system can help reduce the risk of puffbacks.
SERVPRO of Chesapeake South has been serving the community since 1967. We specialize in storm damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition. Give us a call today at 757-523-9700.